The Podcasts That Got Us Through 2020
2020 has been wild and anything that gave us an escape, an anchor or a glimpse into a different reality was welcomed with open arms as podcast popularity soared. Podcasts gained new relevance this year and we were spoilt for choice with the avalanche of excellent content that was produced. Below, Rob, Nick and Sammy sound off on their favourite earworms of the year, plus their hot tips for 2021.
· Your favourite podcast of the year: Business Wars, Hershey vs. Mars.
· A podcast that sums up your year: This is Actually Happening.
· How many hours you have spent listening to podcasts: 71.
· Your most listened to podcast genre in 2020: Unlocking Us | Brené Brown was my most listened to podcast, making Personal Growth my most listened to genre. Yes, I am a 45 year old mother of three.
· Your favourite podcast ad of 2020: Whitney Cummings for Stan [Bunga Bunga.]
· Hot tip for a podcast about to make it big in 2021: Catfish coming to Wondery--the wildly successful TV show is being turned into a podcast series. I'm already hooked!
· Your favourite podcast of the year: Wind of Change, We Crashed, Bunga Bunga, School of Greatness, Imagined Life Fear & Greed
· A podcast that sums up your year: Joe Exotic!
· How many hours you have spent listening to podcasts: 130+
· Your most listened to podcast genre in 2020: Business and inspiration. I consumed an extraordinary amount of School of Greatness and Business Wars.
· Your favourite podcast ad of 2020: I have 2, we did some really cool work for the Queen Victoria Market that really contemporised a favourite institution from my childhood. And, for completely different reasons we created some work for the Federal Government Department of Health that is really powerful.
· Hot tip for a podcast about to make it big in 2021: I saw the work in progress slate from the Fear & Greed team and they've got some seriously awesome Australian finance scandal stories ready to be told. My tip is that they will go to the next level in 2021.
Your favourite podcast of the year: I have two! Fear and Greed which I now wake up with & So Now What? with Waleed Aly A podcast that sums up your year: This Glorious Mess - Little Kids by Mamamia. How many hours you have spent listening to podcasts : 300 Your most listened to podcast genre in 2020: News & Politics Your favourite podcast ad of 2020: Stan's "The Comey Rule" campaign - it sounded so contextually relevant amongst our entertainment and politics shows. Hot tip for a podcast about to make it big in 2021: "The Apology Line" launching Jan 12. It takes a look at the man behind the flyers who would ask people around NYC to call in and come clean about their wrongdoings from infidelity to murder. Apparently he got way too involved in some of his callers lives including trying to stop a serial killer.